- A Minimum Cash Balance of $500 is required to be maintained in your account at all times.
- Administration Fees will be deducted on a quarterly basis, and transactions fees will be deducted as they are incurred.
- You may reimburse your account for all the fees, deducted from your account, prior to the end of the current tax year. Please complete the Deposit Notification form
- IRA Services Check Hold Policy is as follows:
- Cashier’s check or money order will be available the day it is posted to your account.
- Institutional check (transfer or direct rollover) will be held for 3 business days.
- Personal checks and distributions from investments will be held for 5 business days.
- If you opened an account though our “Open An Account” link, internet access will be provided automatically, and you will receive a password within 24 - 48 hours. Otherwise you may complete, sign and submit the Internet Access Form.
- If you need to change your mailing, email address, or phone number please use the Account Owner Information Change form.
- Review our Investment Document Requirements information online.
- Ensure that the forms are filled in correctly and that you are sending all of the documents, required to process your request. Look for yellow boxes on the left-hand side of the form for any additional requirements.
- Forward all documents to us as quickly as possible. You may find information on the delivery instructions at the bottom of each form, indicating if they can be emailed or if an original is required.
- When determining how much money to transfer to your account, make sure that you are including adequate cash to cover the minimum balance requirement and any transaction or processing fees.
- Please note: New Account Applications (paper application only); Transfer Authorizations; Brokerage or Managed Account Applications; and Promissory Notes, must be sent via U.S. mail.
If you did not complete the account funding form when opening your account, you can fund your IRA Services self-directed in three ways.
- To initiate a custodian-to-custodian transfer, please complete our Transfer Authorization Form.
- To roll over funds from a previous employer’s qualified retirement plan, please contact your current Plan Administrator to determine their process. Rollover checks should be made payable to IRA Services Trust Company CFBO (Your Name), and reference account number in the memo line, sent to IRA Services with a completed copy of the Retirement Plan Rollover request.
- Annual cash contributions can be made by mailing a check, along with a completed Deposit Notification Form, to IRA Services. Contribution limits are dependent on the type of IRA and your current financial position. We encourage you to speak with your tax specialist prior to making a contribution.
|Standard Transaction Processing Times and Expedited Service|
*Note: Expedited processing takes to 1-2 business days and additional service fees apply.
|Transfer Request||Internal processing of transfer request||Standard processing: 2 to 3 business days|
|Receipt of Incoming Cash Transfer||Dependent upon current custodian’s processing times||2+ weeks|
|Receipt of Incoming Asset In-kind Transfer||Dependent upon current custodian and asset sponsor’s re-registration/change of ownership process||2 to 6 weeks|
|Investment Transactions||Transactions processing may vary depending on the type of asset. The timeframes listed on based on the assumption that IRA Services is in receipt of all paperwork in good order||
Standard processing: 3 to 5 business days
|Expense Payments||A completed Expense Payment form must be submitted along with an invoice for the expense. Payments for property taxes will be mailed to the account owner, who is responsible for mailing the check to the county tax collector.||Standard processing: 3 to 5 business days.|
|Distribution Requests||Distribution requests may be for cash or asset in-kind distributions||Standard processing: 3 to 5 business days|
|Outgoing Transfer Request||Transfer requests may be for cash or assets in-kind. In-kind asset transfers may take longer and are dependent on the receiving custodian and asset sponsor or transfer agent’s processing times||Standard processing for requests: 3 to 5 business days
Completed transfers may take from up to 6 weeks